A team of the New People’s Army under Western Agusan Norte-Agusan Sur Sub-regional (NPA-WANAS) Command ambushed the notorious surrenderee-turned-regular AFP soldier and Military Intelligence Company (MICO) operative, Alan “Alay” Dalayan. This happened in Brgy. Bit-os, Butuan City in June 5, around 8:00 am, while he was conducting his intelligence rounds.
In June 9, on the day his burial was supposed to take place, an NPA unit harassed troops of the PNP-SAF in Brgy. Bitan-agan who were launching combat operations to secure the visit of Mar Roxas to Butuan City.
The following are his offenses:
1. Stealing a 30 cal. machine gun and a stoke mortar from the NPA and collaborating with a politician to sell it to the AFP
2. Guiding enemy troops in an attack against comrades on the very day he turned his cloak in May 2001
3. Harassment, breaking up of mass organizations and forcing civilians to surrender
4. Misusing the revolutionary movement’s financial resources
5. Close coordination with other traitors in the establishment of the counterrevolutionary bandit BULIF in Lumad communities.
He believed that because he lived for more than a decade after becoming a traitor, his offenses to the revolution will be completely forgotten. The record of his offenses to the people and the revolution remained. With the advance of the armed revolution, all records of crimes and offenses will always remain in the memory of the victims. In the end, he was gripped by the high hand of justice.
On the other hand, a team under NPA-WANAS ambushed the anti-peasant, Pedyboy “Bobong” Agwanta in the afternoon of June 7 in Brgy. San Mateo, Butuan City. Agwanta once killed a peasant and was a notorious landgrabber who has dispossessed numerous families who were evicted from the plots they tilled. His acts were long detested by the peasants who have nothing else to turn to but the revolutionary movement. He was also an active asset of the PNP-South Station in San Mateo, Butuan City and an illegal drug dealer, as well.
The revolutionary movement will continue to purge the oppressive and domineering elements in the barrios of Butuan City. May this serve as a warning to those who have committed crimes and offenses against the people and the revolution. The still have time to change.