The advances & gains reached so far, as well as the on & off the table understandings & commitments in the peace negotiations, despite divergences in positions, difficulties & contradictions, & the crucial outstanding issues that may still be resolved anyway over time with mutual determination and principled negotiations, must be made known widely.
About NDFP WebMedia
This author has yet to write their bio.Meanwhile lets just say that we are proud NDFP WebMedia contributed a whooping 976 entries.
Entries by NDFP WebMedia
There is no fair and just reason for the GRP to terminate the JASIG and in effect the GRP-NDFP peace negotiations less than two weeks after the two Negotiating Panels had successfully concluded their third round of talks in Rome, Italy. The 25 January 2017 Rome Joint Statement clearly shows the significant advances made in the substantive agenda of the peace negotiations.
The CPP, NPA and NDFP remain committed to the peace process in accordance with The Hague Joint Declaration and further agreements. They wish to pursue with the GRP the bright prospects that started with the first round of formal talks in August 2016 and overcome the peace spoilers that run counter to the progress that has been achieved in the third round of formal talks.
POW Calocop and POW Garay are currently under investigation for their involvement in the crimes perpetrated by the 39th IB against the
people and against the revolutionary movement. If probative evidence is established to link either or both of them, appropriate case will be filed at the People’s Court or at the NPA’s military court.
Duterte has gone berserk and upturned the entire peace process facilitated by the Royal Norweigian Government. He has wasted the achievements attained in peace talks over the past few months. He has crushed the people’s aspiration to carry out peace negotiations as a means of resolving the roots of the ongoing civil war.
The Party joins the Filipino people in rejecting the February 4 declaration of GRP President Rodrigo Duterte that he will terminate peace negotiations between the GRP and the National Democratic Front of the Philippines (NDFP).
In reference to NPA-NCMR statement dated February 2, the incident last February 1 resulting to the death of Corporal Pat O. Non, Corporal Nino Christopher Talabor and Sergeant Owen Yee of the 8th IB, while conducting psywar operations in Brgy. Kibalabag and Manalog, Malaybalay City was a LEGITIMATE ENCOUNTER.
The peace negotiations have not been properly terminated. According to the Joint Agreement on Safety & Immunity Guarantees (JASIG), the safety and immunity guarantees, and the peace negotiations itself, can only be terminated by written notice given by one party to the other and which would take effect only after 30 days from its receipt. No written notice has been given by the GRP to the NDFP to date.
It is the prerogative of the GRP to lift its unilaterally issued Suspension of Offensive Military Operations (SOMO) and Suspension of Offensive Police Operations (SOPO) effective “Friday night, February 3” and “to ask the soldiers: go back to camp, clean your rifles, and be ready to fight,” in response to the announcement by the CPP and NPA to terminate their unilateral interim ceasefire effective 11:59 pm on 10 February 2017.
Red fighters belonging to the Comval–Davao East Coast Sub-Regional Command of the New People’s Army have successfully fended off another offensive attack mounted by the scout platoon of the 67th Infantry Battalion-AFP in Brgy. Lambog, Manay in Davao Oriental at around 12:30 noon yesterday, February 1. The fascist AFP troops meanwhile killed two farmers from nearby Brgy. Del Pilar in the aftermath of their failed attempt to inflict damage against the NPA unit.
News / Statements
- Comment on report that Cardinal Tagle has agreed to collaborate with the PNP against the revolutionary movement16 July 2019 - 18:39
- Reaction to the UNHRC resolution to investigate Duterte killings12 July 2019 - 14:54
- On Duterte fixing the plunder cases of biggest crooks in previous regimes11 July 2019 - 15:30
- Note on Duterte Favoring Chinese Rice Importers To Kill Tens of Millions of Rice-Growing Filipino Peasants9 July 2019 - 22:02
- Note on SWS Survey8 July 2019 - 19:38
- Comment on Duterte’s daring the US to fire the first shot in the West Philippine Sea6 July 2019 - 21:49
- Red salute to Ka Joel Virador, tireless human rights defender11 May 2019 - 20:24
- Revolutionary tribute to Comrade Julie and Comrade Zero, martyrs of the encounter in Marcelo, Calatrava30 April 2019 - 19:50
- Solidarity message on the first anniversary of the Panmunjom Declaration27 April 2019 - 03:08
- WE ARE THE NPA: We serve the people and the revolution until victory and for socialism!31 March 2019 - 17:23
- Aabot ba tayo ng singkwenta kung hindi tayo mahal ng masa?30 March 2019 - 15:58
- Boldly intensify guerrilla warfare and wage all-out resistance against the US-Duterte fascist regime! Carry forward the people’s war to greater heights!30 March 2019 - 03:51
- Condolences to the Revolutionary Communist Party of Argentina on the passing away of Comrade Otto Vargas18 February 2019 - 07:41
- Tribute to Comrade Felix Randy Malayao6 February 2019 - 18:30