In reference to NPA-NCMR statement dated February 2, the incident last February 1 resulting to the death of Corporal Pat O. Non, Corporal Nino Christopher Talabor and Sergeant Owen Yee of the 8th IB, while conducting psywar operations in Brgy. Kibalabag and Manalog, Malaybalay City was a LEGITIMATE ENCOUNTER.
About NDFP WebMedia
This author has yet to write their bio.Meanwhile lets just say that we are proud NDFP WebMedia contributed a whooping 980 entries.
Entries by NDFP WebMedia
The peace negotiations have not been properly terminated. According to the Joint Agreement on Safety & Immunity Guarantees (JASIG), the safety and immunity guarantees, and the peace negotiations itself, can only be terminated by written notice given by one party to the other and which would take effect only after 30 days from its receipt. No written notice has been given by the GRP to the NDFP to date.
It is the prerogative of the GRP to lift its unilaterally issued Suspension of Offensive Military Operations (SOMO) and Suspension of Offensive Police Operations (SOPO) effective “Friday night, February 3” and “to ask the soldiers: go back to camp, clean your rifles, and be ready to fight,” in response to the announcement by the CPP and NPA to terminate their unilateral interim ceasefire effective 11:59 pm on 10 February 2017.
Red fighters belonging to the Comval–Davao East Coast Sub-Regional Command of the New People’s Army have successfully fended off another offensive attack mounted by the scout platoon of the 67th Infantry Battalion-AFP in Brgy. Lambog, Manay in Davao Oriental at around 12:30 noon yesterday, February 1. The fascist AFP troops meanwhile killed two farmers from nearby Brgy. Del Pilar in the aftermath of their failed attempt to inflict damage against the NPA unit.
The NDFP Negotiating Panel wishes to restate that the termination of the unilateral interim ceasefire of the CPP and NPA shall take effect at 11:59 pm on 10 February 2017 after the ten-day period from the date that it was publicly announced and duly transmitted to the GRP Panel.
The National Democratic Front of the Philippines (NDFP) today assured the Government of the Republic of the Philippines (GRP) that the recently announced termination of the NDFP’s unilateral ceasefire does not mean the termination of the peace negotiations.
What the reported skirmishes indicate is that the GRP military and police have become even more aggressive after their “success” in the Makilala, North Cotabato incident where they violated their own ceasefire by mounting a day-long offensive against an NPA unit and attacked the latter in its encampment, killing a Red fighter. It also means that given the AFP and Philippine National Police (PNP)’s increasing incursions and attacks on communities, the NPA has been obliged to take an active defense posture to defend and protect the communities and its forces.
“The revolutionary forces are wondering whether the GPH panel, and indeed Pres. Duterte, have either the control of their armed forces to effectively implement its proposed bilateral ceasefire or the political resolve to investigate and punish the insidious saboteurs to the peace process,” NPA spokesperson Rigoberto Sanchez said in a statement Monday.
Today, we acclaim the successful conclusion of the third round of the peace negotiations. We have reviewed and discussed the full implementation of the CARHRIHL, the first agreement in the four items of the substantive agenda. We have earnestly begun the hard work of reconciling the two parties’ draft of the comprehensive agreement on socio-economic reforms as well as the tentative draft of the agreement on political and constitutional reforms.
The Negotiating Panels of the Government of the Republic of the Philippines (GRP) and the National Democratic Front of the Philippines (NDFP), together with their respective delegations of negotiating bodies, consultants, advisors, resource persons, cooperators and staff successfully held the third round of formal talks in Rome City from January 19 to 25, 2017. The third round was facilitated by the Royal Norwegian Government (RNG) in cooperation with the Italian Government.
News / Statements
- Denounce sedition cases against Robredo et al19 July 2019 - 21:20
- Reply to the intrigues sowed by the hypocrite BGen. Arevalo19 July 2019 - 04:36
- NDFP condemns Duterte for giving Israel’s IDF Nahal Brigade a role in his war against the people18 July 2019 - 02:55
- Comment on report that Cardinal Tagle has agreed to collaborate with the PNP against the revolutionary movement16 July 2019 - 18:39
- Reaction to the UNHRC resolution to investigate Duterte killings12 July 2019 - 14:54
- On Duterte fixing the plunder cases of biggest crooks in previous regimes11 July 2019 - 15:30
- Red salute to Ka Joel Virador, tireless human rights defender11 May 2019 - 20:24
- Revolutionary tribute to Comrade Julie and Comrade Zero, martyrs of the encounter in Marcelo, Calatrava30 April 2019 - 19:50
- Solidarity message on the first anniversary of the Panmunjom Declaration27 April 2019 - 03:08
- WE ARE THE NPA: We serve the people and the revolution until victory and for socialism!31 March 2019 - 17:23
- Aabot ba tayo ng singkwenta kung hindi tayo mahal ng masa?30 March 2019 - 15:58
- Boldly intensify guerrilla warfare and wage all-out resistance against the US-Duterte fascist regime! Carry forward the people’s war to greater heights!30 March 2019 - 03:51
- Condolences to the Revolutionary Communist Party of Argentina on the passing away of Comrade Otto Vargas18 February 2019 - 07:41
- Tribute to Comrade Felix Randy Malayao6 February 2019 - 18:30